- Forell/Elsesser provided structural engineering services for the new 57,000 s.f. four building PSEC complex that includes a new laboratory building, a commons building, and two classroom buildings.
- The laboratory building is a 2-story, 36,000 s.f. classroom facility with the first floor partially below grade. Concrete shear walls serve as the seismic force resisting system on the lower story, and special steel concentrically braced frames serve as the seismic force resisting system on the upper story. The commons building is a 1-story building with an area of approximately 8,000 s.f. The classroom buildings are two 1-story structures with an area of 13,000 s.f. The buildings are structural steel with steel deck without concrete fill. The lateral force resistance is provided by a combination of special steel moment frames and braced frames.
- Architect: Ratcliff Architects
- Owner: Foothill Community College
- Steel braced frames and concrete shear walls with a LEED Silver rating
- The buildings will serve as the home of the Foothill College Science Learning Institute