- This new 155,000 s.f. state-of-the-art office and production facility includes offices, an espresso bar, fireplace and lounge, 125-person theater, one 60-person screening room, editing suites, story and art rooms, meeting rooms and game areas. Designed using Building Information Modeling, the concrete framed structure is 3-stories with concrete shear walls that act as the lateral protection system.
- The building design utilized nonlinear response history analysis including soil-structure interaction effects to optimize the proportioning of lateral elements and to reduce foundation construction costs.
- The building was detailed to emulate the appearance of the existing neighborhood structures, including board-formed exposed concrete surfaces and hand-laid brick finishes.
- Architect: Allied Works Architecture, Inc. / Perkins + Will
- Owner: Pixar Animation Studios
- Concrete framed with concrete shear walls
- LEED Silver Certification