- The new facility includes 78 beds including 26 labor-and-delivery, 22 neonatal intensive-care, 20 medical/surgical, and 10 intensive-care unit beds, as well as offices and support spaces. The building also has a one-story underground concrete parking structure.
- Dynamic analysis was used to design the lateral system which consisted of eccentrically braced frames on basement shear walls.
- This project utilized high-volume fly ash concrete for 50% of the concrete in the footings and grade beams.
- The center of each floor was designed to have an egg shape, over which our firm helped design a raised vestibule roof and suspended 2nd-floor balcony in the entry lobby.
Forell/Elsesser provided structural engineering services for this new, 152,000 s.f. 3-story, steel framed addition that provides medical and surgical beds for the relocated Women’s and Children’s Services department. Customized Solution
- Architect: Anshen + Allen/Stantec
- Owner: Dignity Health
- Steel framed with EBF's