As an engineer, Steve works to solve engineering challenges in new construction and seismic retrofit projects by combining his technical skills in structural analysis and design with his ability to visually communicate complex geometries and engineering ideas. With a strong background in computer programming and optimization methodologies from his graduate studies, he especially excels at working with the design and construction team to rapidly assess a large number of scenarios to find the optimal balance of performance, cost, and constructability. Steve received his Bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University and his Master’s from Stanford University.
Constantly seeking adventure, Steve enjoys long-distance bicycling, backpacking and mountaineering in National Parks, riding roller coasters, and trying spicy ethnic foods. In alignment with his structural engineering passion, he also hopes to someday build a network of treehouses in his backyard.
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- Structural Engineers Association of California (SEAOC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)